Treasury and Risk Management
The Treasury & Risk Management function is essential to the success and sustainability of all leading corporate Organizations. Never has this been more true, given the ever increasing pace of change in regulation, compliance, technology and financial risk.
Treasury Management ensures sufficient liquidity to meet its obligations, whilst managing payments, receipts and financial risks such as Credit Risk, Oil Price, Exchange Rate and Interest Rate Risk effectively. In addition, effective Treasury & Risk management will enable companies to make informed and better strategic decisions, providing the analysis, finance and risk assessment.
The aim of this training therefore, is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to make an effective contribution to the Treasury & Risk Management function.
This LAKESHORE ISL training seminar will highlight:
- The Role of Scope of Treasury & Risk management
- The Latest International Tools and Techniques to enable you to identify, measure and manage risk effectively
- Methods to ensure, liquidity, improved investment returns and smooth cash operations
- Capital Investment Techniques and Methods of Finance to Support Strategic Objectives
- The Features and Benefits of Derivatives as Risk Management Tools
At the end of this LAKESHORE ISL training seminar, you will learn to:
- Manage Cash, Liquidity & Working Capital to reduce Finance Costs and Improve Returns
- Make Informed Strategic Decisions
- Determine and Implement the Company’s Risk Management Strategy
- Recommend Hedging and Risk Management Decisions
- Improve the Corporate Governance of the Organization
In order to ensure skill development as well as improved knowledge, this LAKESHORE ISL Treasury and Risk Management training seminar will be conducted along workshop principles using real life case studies and interactive worked examples. Participants will be actively engaged, individually and as part of a group, in their discussion, analysis and evaluation throughout this LAKESHORE ISL training seminar.
Participants will also be given a detailed set of handouts in hard and soft copy to enable them to review the topics covered later.
The aim of this LAKESHORE ISL Treasury and Risk Management training seminar is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to make an effective contribution to the Treasury & Risk Management function, enabling them to make the following organizational impact:
- Improved informed decision making
- Liquidity, Credit, Capital, Currency, Interest Rate, Commodity Price Management
- Improved Risk Assessment and Management
- Increased Profitability through Cost and Risk Reduction
- Improved Corporate Governance and Stakeholder Relationships
- Improved Finance Culture through the Dissemination of Knowledge and Skills
As a result of attending this vital LAKESHORE ISL training seminar, focusing on the latest issues and risk facing Organizations and the techniques to manage them, you will:
- Develop your professional skills
- Understand the latest international tools and techniques
- Be able to make more informed and hence better financial decisions using various models and software
- Increase your importance and ability to contribute effectively to your organization’s goals
- Be able to liaise effectively with other departments and professionals on planning, forecasting, budgeting matters, financial and investment analysis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Given the importance of the Treasury & Risk Management, this LAKESHORE ISL training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals working in Treasury & Risk management who wish to up-date and improve their knowledge and skills
- Financial decision makers, whose techniques of decision making and analysis will be improved through attendance
- Managers and those with financial responsibilities
- Professionals acting upon the financial decisions of others, who will gain an appreciation for decision making thereby ensuring shared values within the organisation
- Professionals with an interest in finance and the latest market developments
The Role of Treasury Management – An Overview
- The Role & Scope of Treasury Management
- Operation & Location of a Treasury Department – Cost or Profit Centre and Centralized or Decentralized
- Cash & Liquidity Management
- Working Capital Management
- Capital / Finance Management
- Risk Management
Cash & Liquidity Management – A Detailed Analysis
- Cash Budgets & Forecasts
- Variance Analysis
- Meeting Cash Calls and Short -term Methods of Finance
- Working Capital Management – determining the optimum level
- Netting & Cash Concentration Accounts
- Mult-national & Group Cash Management
Financing and Capital Management
- Methods of Raising Long Term Finance (Equity vs. Debt)
- Optimizing the Capital Structure to Minimize the Cost of Capital (WACC)
- Investment of Cash Surpluses to Maximize Return
- Raising Finance to meet Strategic Objectives – M & A, Joint Ventures etc.
- Capital Investment Appraisal – NPV, IRR, Payback
- Risk Forecasting
- Identifying Risks and Uncertainties – Internal & External; Financial & Non-Financial
- Measuring Risk – volatility; variance; standard deviation; probability; Value at Risk
- Determining the Risk Management Strategy – assessing impact and probability
- The 4 T’s – Tolerate; Terminate; Transfer; Treat
- Internal Controls & Internal Auditing
- Credit & Counterparty Risk Management
Currency; Interest Rate & Commodity (Oil Price) Risk Management
- Forward Contracts and Forward Rate Agreements
- Options – Calls & Puts; European & American
- Futures – Market Correlation; Margin Payments etc.
- Swaps – Currency & Interest Rate Risk and Benefits
- Foreign Currency Accounts other Internal Methods / Tactics
- Foreign Currency Borrowing