Leadership & Strategic Thinking in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry
Sustaining Profitable Growth in a Changing Global Business
This LAKESHORE ISL Management & Leadership training seminar on Leadership & Strategic Thinking in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry has been specifically designed for experienced individuals wanting to develop their leadership and strategic thinking skills within the increasingly complex and fast changing oil, gas & petrochemical industry. The elements of this LAKESHORE ISL training seminar provide a structured and coherent framework for identifying and responding to new opportunities. It enables participants to respond to the challenge of linking strategies to profitable growth Objectives within these three sectors.
The global oil, gas & petrochemical business is undergoing significant change in all dimensions – supply / demand balance, competition, technologies, organisational structures, government policies. It is therefore imperative for business leaders to be able to identify new opportunities and successfully navigate the evolving risk landscape to become the top performers of tomorrow.
This LAKESHORE ISL training seminar will highlight:
- The Changing Dynamics of the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industry
- Best Practice in Analysing Requirements for Sustained Success
- Latest Thinking in Theory and Practice of Leadership
- Driving and Leading Strategic Change in this Business
- Guidelines on the Practical Application of the Seminar
By the end of this LAKESHORE ISL training seminar, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate and understand each of the 3 dimensions of the seminar – (i) oil, gas and petrochemical trends, (ii) leadership, (iii) strategic thinking
- Develop strategies and recognise the linkage of strategy to achieving and sustaining profitable growth
- Evaluate and apply key strategic planning frameworks
- Improve leadership skills to create a systematic approach to business analysis
- Identify priorities for continued personal and team development
This LAKESHORE ISL Leadership & Strategic Thinking in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry training seminar will be highly participatory and the instructor will present, guide and facilitate learning, using a range of methods including formal presentation, discussions, sector-specific case studies and exercises. Above all, instructor will make extensive use of real-life case examples in which he has been personally involved.
In sending delegates to this LAKESHORE ISL training seminar, the organisation will gain the following benefits:
- Improved leadership performance at all management levels
- Greater commitment of teams and individuals to achieving goals
- More rapid reaction to changes in the business environment
- Closer alignment of strategic and operational activities
- More cohesive teamwork across different organisational functions
- An improved planning approach that will sustain profitable growth
In attending this LAKESHORE ISL training seminar, individual delegates will gain the following benefits:
- Familiarisation with state-of-the-art leadership thinking
- Practical ideas for developing and aligning your teams
- Making a more effective contribution to strategic and operational planning
- Up-to-date understanding of main trends in this business
- Greater confidence in dealing with strategic and operational risk
- Improved ability in identifying and managing change
Who Should Attend?
This LAKESHORE ISL Leadership & Strategic Thinking in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals Industry training seminar will benefit professionals from any specialisation in the organisation who desire to improve their leadership skills and/or are involved in creating and maximising profitable growth. In the past, the following delegate categories have benefited from attending this LAKESHORE ISL training course:
- Strategic and Operational Planning Specialists
- Financial Managers and Financial Analysts
- Business Development Specialists
- Sales and Marketing Staff
- Logistics and Supply Chain Specialists
- Human Resource Specialists
Leadership in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industry
- The Differences between Leadership and Management
- What do we mean by leadership in these sectors?
- Turning Leadership Theory into Leadership Action
- Leadership Styles and Managing your impact as a Leader
- Why would anyone want to be led by you?
The Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industry – Challenges and Opportunities
- Macroeconomic Relationships – companies, governments, institutions
- What is driving structural shift in each sector?
- OPEC and non-OPEC Players and the Major Markets
- Strategic Challenges and Opportunities Facing the Industry
- Organisational Design and Business Models
Strategic Thinking in the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industry
- What is strategy and why does it matter?
- Integration and Alignment of Strategic and Operational Management
- Analytical and Problem Solving Frameworks
- The Central Concept of Profitable Growth
- Developing a Strategic Plan
- Monitoring Strategic Performance
Contributing to an Analysis of Strategic Risk
- What is strategic risk and why is it important?
- Understanding the Risk Management Process
- The Main Tools and Techniques of Risk Analysis and Risk Management
- Application of the Risk Management Process at the Strategic Level
- How to develop your strategic risk management regime?
Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Leadership and Strategic Thinking Workshop
- Strategic Leadership for Team Development
- Innovative Leadership Skills
- Developing a Strategic Thinking Culture in your Team
- Case Study to Synthesise the Whole Seminar
- Key Learnings and Seminar Summary
- Developing a Personal Plan to Apply this Seminar in your Organisation