Improving Public Sector Performance in the 21st Century
Acquiring Critical Skills for the Latest Techniques in Public Sector Management
This new LAKESHORE ISL Improving Public Sector Performance in the 21st Century training seminar is specifically aimed at those in the Public Sector who want to make improvements within the constraints of Government Control and existing Labour – Laws. This LAKESHORE ISL practical training course will explore a number of solutions, offering you new techniques and tools, which will aid your organization to produce measurable benefit.
This will be a very practical training course and will go through tall the key processes that can make a difference to public sector organizations; such a Competency, Performance, Employee attendance, Performance Appraisal and building better Organizational Capability. New techniques in employee motivation will also form part of this innovative course.
This LAKESHORE ISL training seminar will highlight:
- How to maximise working within Government and Labour law constraints
- Building a stronger and more capable organization through a competence approach
- A new look at performance management and improving effectiveness
- How to improve and show the value of getting employee commitment
- Maximising established processes to aid with long-term motivation
At the end of this LAKESHORE ISL training seminar, you will learn to:
- Be able to show others how to significantly improve on your existing investment in competencies
- Analyse and demonstrate how performance can be improved in the Public Sector
- Take action and demonstrate financially how improving reliability will add value
- Understand and be able to significantly improve any existing Performance appraisal system and explain the benefit to Management
- Learn techniques to apply to motivate staff, specifically in the Public Sector
This new LAKESHORE ISL Improving Public Sector Performance in the 21st Century training program features, case studies, illustrative appropriate DVD clips and interactive learning methods. There will be group exercises and a range of supporting documentation to aid in your learning enjoyment. All participants will receive a full copy of the materials on a Samsung tablet, together with all the slides used.
Those returning from this LAKESHORE ISL practical training program will be able to:
- Better, understand how the Private sector is changing globally
- Take a common approach to improving existing processes to add value
- Be able to use some new approaches in motivation to energize employees
- Organizations will be able to see a measurable financial benefit from those attending
- Use a new approach to be able to translate organizational goals into action – with great results
- Be able to add value to the organization through new approaches and processes.
Delegates will be able to:
- Upgrade your current skill set
- Demonstrate to others new ways of doing things that will benefit those in the Public Sector
- Practice and implement new techniques to motivate others
- Be a very useful employee if the organization ever has to change
- Be able to use the added value calculation, which specifically is for the Public Sector
- Maximise your skills in the three key areas, Competence, Performance and reliability
Who Should Attend?
This LAKESHORE ISL Improving Public Sector Performance in the 21st Century course has a wide appeal and is suitable for anyone in the Public Sector who is looking to do things better. Also for those who want to show value the Public Sector can create
This LAKESHORE ISL training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Department Heads
- Managers and Supervisors
- HR Personnel
- Organizational Development Specialists
- Those on Management Development Programs
The History, Role and Future Function of Public Sector Organisations
- Introductions and Program Objectives for the Week
- What is the Public Sector there to do?
- The Historical Context of the Public sector
- Present Position and Future Role of Public Sector Organisation – latest trend changes
- Change and the Public Sector – how we can forecast when change is needed?
- Understanding the Results of Change and How Change Affects Us
- Change and the Difference between the Public and Private Sectors
Building Organisational Core Strength in the Public Sector
- The Role of Competencies in the Organization
- How Competencies Work and how they are measured
- Techniques to significantly improve what you already have
- Incorporating Competency Approach In, Recruitment, Appraisal and Training
- Developing Teams to Build Core Strength
- Succession Planning to Retain and Develop your Talented People
- Techniques to Retain Talented People
Performance Improvements – Are they necessary in the Public Sector
- What is Performance
- Can you get improvements in Performance at no extra cost
- Improving Targets for Performance
- How to get more commitment – New process / new results
- The Measuring of Performance – Whose job is it
- Should Performance be linked to pay
Using Reliability and Differentiation to Maximize on What Strengths You Have
- The History of Differentiation
- Why the Public Sector might what to consider this as a motivational tool?
- Understanding the Need for Reliability in the Public Sector
- Case Study: The Cost of an Unreliable Organization
- Can Reliability really add value?
- How we can help the Managers?
- The Future Managers of Leaders
Making Things Happen within our Existing Constraints
- Latest Techniques on Motivation
- Three Motivational Tools that Work – today
- How to translate ideas or goals into measurable actions?
- Two Existing Processes: How to improve them and Reap Real Benefit
- Demonstration of the Above
- End of Course Review – actions and networking after the course